July 21, 2013

Worth It

It's such a glorious feeling when you get to experience things you have before and have a completely different reaction this time around. Call it moving on, call it letting go, call it what you will. The important point is that the pain and the urge to defend yourself has been replaced by peace and pity for them. I no longer feel the need to justify, to defend, to feel vulnerable... In general, I have just stopped being affected negatively... Have stopped letting them hurt me. It actually feels weird sometimes that I find myself smiling and thinking of a different thing because of it. Like how my life right now is so much better than how it was before.

I used to convince myself that time heals, time makes people forget, forgive, move on, but what I've come to learn is that time has little to do with it, if any. The first step is to let yourself move on. The rest follows. Pick yourself up, let yourself heal, make yourself forgive, then forget. The additional baggage of the past, the pain, the hurt, the over sensitivity it causes does nothing positive in your life. People, epecially the malicious and perverted ones will always, always, always have something negative to say, accuse, or imply. It's in everyone's nature to look for the dust in other people's eyes to divert attention from the plank in their's.

Choosing to be happy gets you going, moving forward towards a future disconnected from the haters and the bitterness they harbor.

...And sometimes, life gives you someone to share that happiness with. ^_^

0 comments: