September 15, 2013

The Aftermath

Things haven't stopped being crazy and my sanity has left the building a while back. Nonetheless, we keep pushing, almost mechanically, every day to at least finish clearance for the retire part of the deal. I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's what happened:

Night of August 28, we receive SMS invitations to attend a meeting the next day. August 29, people were distributed across different locations, receiving different verdicts. Some were terminated and offered retirement plans on the spot. The others were offered retirement from our current company and a rehire job offer on the new one. I was one of the blessed ones who got the retire-rehire thing.

So now, everybody's doing clearance and frantically searching for lost forgotten accountability items. The thin line that separated current tasks from the new ones have increasingly blurred, and everything's a mess. There's a certain limit to effective multitasking, after that, it's a senseless chaos. 

It's my justification on why I haven't been blogging lately. Things I've been wanting to shared have piled up, and for the sole reason that I probably have OCD, I'm going to break everything down on several posts.

Coming up:
The Baby Is Now A Lady
Memory Lane

0 comments: