February 27, 2011

Best Birthday of My Life!

it was an amazing birthday week for me. yup, you read it right, birthday WEEK. ^_^ filled with meeting new friends and experiencing new things!

sunday, tan and i headed to bulacan to attend his friend, vangie's son's baptismal. it was nice finally meeting them. they were all so sweet and real nice to me. i look forward to spending more occasions with them.


last year, promo fares were available around holy week. the flights were scheduled this year. my wonderful boyfriend had another friend book us to boracay on the week of my birthday, so on monday, off we went with eybi, rain, gio, and nel.


i know i've declared magalawa, zambales a slice of heaven last month.. but boracay takes the cake! if magalawa was an 8, boracay would be a 10! i haven't been away 24 hours and i've missed it so much already. sand on your feet everywhere, the sunsets, the cool breeze, the uber nice people... it was perfect!


my boyfriend and i, as part of our will-try-anything-at-least-once philosophy, decided to try almost every activity available there. i don't have the reef walking / helmet diving pictures yet, though. we did the atv 4-wheel, the harness zorb, island hopping & snorkeling while fish feeding, hair braids, henna tats, massage, night parties, experienced the sunsets, native food, and of course sunbathing. i would never have guessed that lying on the sand there under just the right amount of sun was ever so relaxing.


we passed on the banana boat and fly fish thing as we deemed it boring. apparently, they're not allowed to deliberately make you fall off the boat anymore.. took the challenge and fun right out. T_T

i had the chance to meet more of tan's high school friends as well. i swear, my boyfriend's a celebrity. haha.

for my birthday treat, we ate at two seasons in station 1 a day before my actual birthday since we were scheduled to leave on my birthday morning. the nachos was exceptional. i crave for more.


feb 24 morning came and we were sorry we had to leave.. so regretful in fact that tan & i decided to extend our stay 2 more days! yey! so here's my birthday dinner spent with kuya vergel and tan's cousin, foyie, both of whom made my birthday extra special!

the meal consisted of fish, prawns, and crabs we bought at the local talipapa palengke, and cooked by kuya vergel. everything was sooo delicious, it was like eating at a hotel... guess what, i had birthday flowers, too!!

as if these were not enough, lookie what my boyfriend had waiting for me when we got home!!!

this was truly the best birthday of my life!!! i thank God for my family, for the friends and loved ones who greeted me on my special day, the new friends i've met, the old ones i got to spend my first 4 days in bora with, and of course my ever so perfect boyfriend!

sigh, i'm gonna die happy. ^_^

0 comments: