June 19, 2011

Space Savers

what i really wanted to be was an architect. sure, i don't really have the talent and/or gift in drawing pretty pictures of stuff, but hey, that didn't stop me from taking UST's entrance exam with architecture as my first choice and interior design as my second. sure, i passed for both even with the required drawing thing, but the career was foiled by my mom who wanted me to pursue my management engineering course at ADMU. i used to think it was for her bragging rights having a daughter studying ADMU's best course, but now, i'm thinking maybe that's just 50% of it. why or how i ended up finishing five years of ECE is an altogether different story.

anyway, i was contemplating yet again how cramped the room i share with my brothers was today and inevitably got that familiar nostalgia of what should've been. i sooo want to design my own house, or at least my own room.

found a few pieces through the web. unfortunately, i didn't remember to take note of the sites where i got them from, i'm real sorry. thus, let it be clearly stated here that all pictures in this post does not belong to me and i don't claim any contribution to them as far as ideas are concerned.

i started checking out some for shared bedrooms and got this:


on some others, i just liked the clean and fresh setup. if i could dream up my own room, it would probably look a bit like these:


of course i gotta love my blues and my greens:

i really prefer checkers over stripes, but i don't think checkered wallpaper would work too good in a small room.



here's one that tickled my fancy just coz there's a mini walk in... i mean, crawl in closet under the bed. ^_^

0 comments: