May 18, 2012

Simple Joy #4 and Some Other Stuff

it's a particularly dull friday morning today, which is why i'm blogging about stuff i haven't had the chance to blog about, instead of slaving over projects, presentations, and whatnot. kinda expect this entry would be a bit of a soup of unrelated stuff.

let me start with a not-so-recent discovery of pan de manila's chocolate con leche. another one of my simple joys.


it's far from tablea, farther from xocolat, but hey, it works for me. it gets me through my coffee ban days and the hot chocolate smell helps me survive the everyday stress. it has a rich flavor without being exceedingly sweet; simply perfect with a warm pandesal and kesong puti.

moving on.

after two weeks here at my new office space, i'm bored out of my wits half the time. the other half, i'm walking back and forth to the area where i used to be. my new, ummm, cubicle is simply so far away from civilization everything else. it's not all that bad though. i get some privacy, and i'm farther away from my (biting my tongue here to refrain from inserting an insulting adjective and/or expletive) boss. unfortunately, the distance does not deter him from coming to me for every little thing. here's a sample email i got:
every. little. darn. thing.

next.

it's summer and i've been looking forward to a road trip ending at a beach. lots of sun, sand, and water! first up: outing with tan and friends. (insert game show buzzer tone for incorrect answers here) timing was off and it simply is not practical nor enjoyable to travel to baler with my red flag up. next: office outing. this is supposedly scheduled tomorrow. haven't had any announcements on the final details yet. might not push through. crap. there goes my summer.


0 comments: