November 15, 2013

Laughing At Mistakes

Amidst the chaos and the bashing and the negativity that has happened lately, I want to stop and blog about some of my stupid mistakes and just laugh about them. It's a somewhat small effort to induce some positivity to my day.

I went and got a pedicure today, after more than six months (I think) of going without. Before starting, I was asked to pick the polish I wanted them to use on my toes. Since the ambiance of the salon was dark, I couldn't see the shade very well. I picked something, which I thought was a fleshy tone close to nude. When the ate was applying it to my nails, I realized, three toes too late that it was cotton candy pink! Not really my taste, but there it is. I don't know why, but I just found it a little bit funny. ^_^

Next, I went to get something to eat. After much much much deliberation, I decided to have corn beef and rice. When I got back to the office to eat, I realized, I had baon. My thought: "Pinag-isipan ko pa ng todo kung ano kakainin ko, hay." So, i giggled to myself and let it go.

After a few hours, a delivery came for me from BDO. It was another credit card. Remember my credit card mishap before? I got another card with the same card number and another SM advantage card. It tickled me funny to receive another one especially since this would be my third SM advantage card already. ^_^ Anyway, I called up BDO and clarified things with them. The very very nice and accommodatingly kind customer rep I talked to patiently explained that they were upgrading card, which is why they sent me a new one. After thanking her, I found exactly what she just told me to be written in the letter with which my card was enclosed with. Hindi kasi nagbabasa muna. It was really an ignorant mistake on my part, and I thank the very nice lady for not being masungit to me. 

All in all, I thank and praise God for giving me a good day today, and for reminding me to laugh. It's nice to smile and have a nice reminder that we have a constantly loving, merciful, and wonderful God, especially at times like these when tragedy after tragedy have devastated the country.

0 comments: