December 9, 2013

Inspirations Amidst Imperfections

Like most Christians, I am struggling to be a better person. Like all people, I am having such a hard time doing so. In comparison to ladies my age, one could say I have led a good life so far. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't party excessively, I go to church, I don't curse, yada, yada, but then again man's standards are different from God's. I cannot justify that I am a lesser evil for evil is evil no matter how big or small. It's like the concept of killing and stealing. Man may have set severity levels on these, but the Lord's laws see them as the same: SIN.
James 2:10 (NASB) For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
So there, I am no better than the murderers or the thieves that are locked up in prison or those in line for death row. I have no cause nor right to think I am better than anyone else. Ang galing diba? Our all-knowing God has seen this even before. He has known all this and has made the perfect laws.
Isaiah 55:8-9 (NASB) "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
Anyway, the reason I'm blogging about this is because of a current discovery. Friends have been sharing posts through FB from Joy Mendoza's blog. She is the wife of Edric Mendoza and daughter of Pastor Peter Tanchi of CCF. She writes about the ups and downs of being a woman, a wife, and a mother. It's very inspiring really: her marriage, her motherhood, her personal walk with the Lord. What I like most about it is that no matter how imperfect everything is, she shows through her life how one always has a choice to pick the right side, God's side. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm sharing a link of her blog here. I wish as well that her blog encourages more people.

Love. Love. ^_^

0 comments: