October 10, 2011

Impressed with Acqua

this is to formally acknowledge acqua salon’s commendable effort in valuing customers like me. here’s the story:

last month, i wanted to get a haircut. my criteria were simple: the salon had to be accessible and must have accommodating but not pushy stylists. based on that as well as a dozen tabs worth of internet research of good reviews, i came up with acqua salon, trinoma.

unfortunately, as narrated here, i was not able to do as planned due to bad timing. i came in early to avoid crowds, but that morning, acqua was understaffed. i went to a different salon instead and then blogged about the day’s experience when i got home.

i actually have no idea how or where they got my blog address, but last night, i noticed a comment on the said entry coming from acqua salon apologizing for not being able to serve me that time. it even went on to request for a private communication via email. considering they did not really disappoint me with a bad haircut and/or service, i was really impressed with their effort to compensate and especially with the fact that they did not even try to make excuses. these admirable gestures just goes to show how exceptionally nice they treat their customers regardless if you're a patron or a first timer.

dear acqua salon,

i've heard and read a lot of good things about your salon and I’m really delighted to experience the courtesy firsthand. it's just a case of wrong timing that time i went there. No apologies necessary. I'll be looking forward to visiting and having my hair done by Ms. Laila sometime next month.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacq,

How nice of you to write about us in such a positive way. It gives us great satisfaction to receive these types of compliments.

At Acqua, we firmly believe that our clients deserve the best possible service we can give and if they reward us with their loyalty and their business, then we together form a wonderful reciprocal relationship.

We look forward to serving you soon.

Warm regards,
Joanne

Cecily said...

I'm glad that some people had such a good experience with Acqua Salon, but sadly, I can't say the same for myself. It was just OUTRIGHT DESPICABLE. First, I had to call several times for several weeks to get an appointment with Mr. Narry Naraja, the stylist that I really came to this salon for. The moment I stepped inside, the snobby receptionist, looking down at me with a really haughty expression, forced another stylist on me (the most inexperienced one, according to their own pamphlet). After all the trouble I went through to secure an appointment with Mr. Naraja! And the worse part? Narry Naraja was JUST SITTING ON A CORNER. Yes, he was obviously available in the two hours I stayed there. Second, the stylist, Jun, wouldn't even ask me what I wanted or at least tell me what the hell he was planning to do with my hair. He only criticized it, offered a pricey treatment, then snipped away. Third, the cut was so-so and definitely not what I wanted. I was treated like an intrusive beggar who couldn't pay. I may only be sixteen, but I'm a customer. I don't deserve that kind of treatment. I don't care how affordable this salon is. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ACQUA SALON.

Cecily said...

To Ms. Joanne,
The best possible service? If what you gave me is your best possible service, you will never gain my loyalty. In fact, I'm never going back EVER AGAIN, and I'm going to tell everyone I know how INCOMPETENT, RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL you all are. Have a very nice day looking down at sixteen year-olds who you deem undeserving of decent treatment.

Cecily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Cecily,

Sorry for reachIng out to you just now. We didn't spot your post until a client alerted us to it.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope you give us the opportunity to address and resolve the concern..

Do you mind taking this discussion offline? We can be reached at acquasalontrinoma@gmail.com.

Thanks and regards,
Anna

jacq said...

Cecily's May 13, 2012 3:09PM comment deleted. Comment same as May 13, 2012 3:08PM.