March 11, 2013

New Things

Item 1:
Out of practicality... (yeah, let's call it that :D), I bought a new phone. It's a Cherry Mobile P9. Here's my justification: I desperately need an mp3 player for my jogging / running needs, and a 2Gb Mp3 player costs around 3,000 php. This little thing set me back 1,300 php and I can plug in an 8Gb micro SIM for media. As added bonus, I can have my Smart SIM plugged in for basic calls and texts. It even has bluetooth and radio functions. The best thing about it? It fits the palm of my hand.


Item 2:
I bought new shoes. They've been tried and tested. Walked through Rockwell Mall and Ortigas Park to Pearl Drive on these and my feet didn't die. Wedges with fun colors are LOVE!!!


Item 3:
It's an old new thing / new old thing, I guess: biking. I learned to bike at an early age, when my dad used to take us to CCP for this. A few years after, I kinda forgot how to. When we moved to Paranaque, I relearned it within a week. I'm not sure if that proves you can actually forget how to ride a bike, but anyway, n years after, with n being more than 10 years, I tried to ride a bike again. This time, it's like getting reacquainted with an old friend. The first 5 seconds were awkward, but then, everything's the way it was after that. I loved the wind in my hair and the rush when you go a bit fast. I'm actually thinking of getting my own bicycle. A simple and sturdy white one, not for racing... just for leisure riding. Basket optional. ^_^

Item 4:
I have a new godchild. She's the cutest thing ever, and she looks just like her dad, my close friend Mark. She has her mom's nose, and hopefully her hairline. Haha. I have yet to carry her.


Item 5:
Sir RP and I tried this new Jap Resto at Galleria: Moshi Koshi. While the food is not on the to-die-for level, it's fairly good and the serving is just right. Considering the price range however, it's not fit for an everyday habit, unless you're an executive.


Sir RP had the tempura, and I had the katsudon. As our baseline acceptable reference was Asian Bites, the katsudon was compared with theirs. The pork was definitely a bit thicker than Asian Bites' paper thin slice, but the smell of AB's was more appetizing. I missed the onion leek strips, but the taste was not that far off. While Moshi Koshi is acceptable, I'd still prefer AB.

Item 6:
My belated birthday surprise. I love my girls to bits!!! Every one of them: Mami Dada, Rovi, Jean, MJ, Sarah, Ana, Carla, including the almost always absent ones: Norie, Gio, Donna, Jona, Rica, Tina, Dian. I thank God for the coffee tiramisu, the colored-pen-wishes, and Joseph's coat pen case. (You'd have to be there to get it.) I'm so blessed!



Item 7:
Commuting's a b****, and I have yet to learn to adjust. I am yet again late for work today. I have been taking the bus recently and haven't figured out what time I should leave home to arrive 10-15 minutes early. Compared to taking the train, waiting time is more than an hour less, but the duration of the travel itself takes it's toll on me. Another good thing though is that I am comfortably seated from Kamuning to Ortigas, as opposed to MRT's standing ovation from the end of the line in front of KFC to my 28th floor office in Ortigas. My conclusion: I want a house of my own. I need to move somewhere nearer.

Cheers to wonderful new things, and here's hoping for lots more to come! The start of my 28th rocks!

0 comments: