March 21, 2014

A Love Story

People call it mental block, I call it "duuuuuhhhh..." (insert drool) I'm not exactly the diligent blogger and most of the time, I can't even think of what to say, or how to express myself. It's just that writing has always been my outlet as well as a way for me to keep memories. Sometimes it's just hard to know how to begin, how to narrate everything, and how to end.

Well, it's that time again, and I'm afraid I'm kinda stuck. Part of me wants this post to actually make sense, and hopefully help people as references. Another part wants to just write and write and write regardless of the sense it'll make. The latter's winning.

Here goes. I'm going to rewind, back up and start with the planning. So yeah, before everything, it was clear to both Marc and I that this... our relationship and everything related to it has this ultimate goal of ending up together and marrying each other. I told him right from the start that I do not get into relationships for a trial and error run. My end objective will always be marriage, so if he's looking for someone to "test" things out with, I'm not the person for that. He told me that we have the same view and he's done with the part of his life that doesn't (have the same view). It's time for him to settle down and be with someone he loves more than anything and anyone in this world, and that, according to him, is me. So I told him about my God and my relationship with Him. I let him know that, his highest spot with me will always only be second to God, and he's alright with that. He knows how important my faith is, and what I have with my Savior cannot and should not be de-prioritized; he understands that. I then started to pray for him, for his salvation and for God to prepare us both. So there, sometime last year, we became us. After about a year or more of constantly praying for him, he got saved December of 2013. This year, he proposed, and thus, we are starting yet another journey together.

Lookie that bling. ^_^
The proposal: I've seen a lot of proposal videos and read a ton of stories. Most of them depict a nervous guy, asking his girlfriend to be his wife in front of a public. Most of these guys tell people that the proposals were pretty nerve-wracking coz the girl might say no. I've never been a fan of that. Maybe I'm just a private person... sure, I blog, but not about the personal details, i.e. step by step on how he proposed, how our dates go, etc. Maybe I'm KJ. Or maybe not. For me, proposing in front of a public is really impersonal and kinda manipulative. It's like hey, look at all the people around, say yes, and don't be the bad person breaking this poor guy's heart. Also, what's up with the girl might say no thing? Maybe it's just me, but I'd want to know beforehand that we're both ready and committed before I propose marriage to another person. I mean, if I'm not sure if this person will marry me, then we're not ready to start this part of our lives. Sure, if I was the guy, I'd still get pretty nervous, but it'll be because I'd want her to like the proposal... for it to be heartfelt and really special, not because she might just turn me down. Thankfully, I'm happily blessed with a loving man who wants the same intimate and private proposal and gave me just that. Since I do believe everything from the proposal to the marriage is for both parties, and not just for the bride, as an added bonus, I got to propose to him too. And yeah, he said yes! 
My ring & his watch. Image reposted.
The preparations: Technically on-going, but so far, we have the venue, the catering, the photo & video, the hair and makeup artist, and the on-the-day coordinator booked. The guest list has been finalized (let's say, second to the last finalization), the rings ordered, and the gown penciled in. Praise God for the discounts, the great deals, the wonderful people, and the ever so patient fiance! I'd have to double check the list, but I do think we're on schedule. Fingers crossed so I don't have to turn into what the people in the business call Bridezilla.

Lovin' it! Thank You, Lord.

0 comments: