March 10, 2014

First Time

It's my running joke that isn't so funny anymore. Whenever I get confused or make minor mistakes on the wedding preps, that's my excuse. It's also my initial line before I ask my family for advice, hehe. Anyhoo, doing this big event for the first and last time in my life, I get overwhelmed a lot. There's just so much all at once, and I am constantly reminded that it's going to be a one time hopefully not so big time thing, thus I simply cannot flop.

So as I go through everything, I plan on documenting both the excitement and the frustrations on the way, with permission from Marc, of course. Hopefully I don't get much panic moments, despite my OC-ness.

Technically, the preparations have started before the proposal. We talked about it and decided to go to our first bridal fair, January 18, 2014. The amount of brochures, fliers, and calling cards we got was quite a shock to us both, the pictures don't even do it justice:



It was a good start. In an attempt to get organized, we sorted them out and kept them in a clear book. Shortlisted some after a ton of inquiries and email exchanges and got our top 3s for the major ones.

317 days left.

0 comments: