March 3, 2014

At the Beginning

I have always liked that song.

We were strangers starting out on our journey
Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are and I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

It hints of an adventure about to be experienced by the couple. A kind of mild you-and-me-against-the-world-thing, or something like I can do and go through whatever as long as I have you. It makes you want to believe in a happy ever after.

No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected what you did to my heart
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start

It really is a wonderful thing when God has someone special waiting for you. It shall and always will exceed your expectations. It's kinda like a symbol of hope for me. Put your faith and hope in Christ, He will never disappoint.

And life is a road and I want to keep going
Love is a river I want to keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever
A wonderful journey

Sure, life won't always be smooth or in this case, wonderful, but as I always tell Marc, it will always be worth it. 

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

Well it'll probably be nicer if they're together even during the storm, (who thought up that specific line, anyway?) but hey, it's a feel good song. 

So why the sappy love song? Because of this:


0 comments: