April 1, 2013

March Recap Part 1

It's not a thing here, but well, happy April Fool's Day, everyone.

So, I've been quite busy lately. Before the the Lenten holidays, I had to transfer files to a new-old laptop. While doing that, I tried to blog to take advantage of the network freeze we were having that time, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it. It's a refreshing change though. For 6 years, I've been bypassing the freeze and working despite it. This year, I really had that short break to unwind a bit.

Well, here's what I've been up to lately. Last March 23, 2013, we went to MOA to watch pyromusical display of Canada. This was supposedly a treat since Canada was last year's winner.


While I am no expert, I'd say it was very nicely done. The music firework sync was good, and there was very little dead air. I was not able to watch their performance last year, though, and this being the first time I ever had a chance to watch a pyromusical, there was nothing I could compare it to. Canada ended up bagging 1st runner up for 2013.

After Canada's performance, the event was interrupted a bit by Earth hour, then on to the Philippines' performance as a guest participant, since we're hosting the event. This time, even though the fireworks display was amazing, I did not find it synchronized with the accompanying audio. The audience, being loyal Filipinos, oohhhed and ahhhed at the right places despite this. :D All in all, a good experience.

One last thing, something bothered me a bit throughout the performance... Who's going to clean up the mess they made on the bay? Are they even going to?

0 comments: