December 9, 2013

Healthy Adjustments

I recently re-took my FBS test and my sugar has gone down, but still exceeding the normal range a bit. After my follow up checkup with the endo... (Would you believe the original endo is out of the country again, and I got a different reliever this time. One who knows what she's doing, thank God, compared to the previous reliever.) I'm back on medication. This time it has gone down to one 500mg tablet a day, with strict bilin to exercise. Also, the Metformin brand has been changed from Glumet to Glucophage because of the diarrhea.

Since I don't live in a village where I could run/jog or bike, Marc suggested I do stairs instead. He's been incredibly thoughtful and supportive with this, I could not ask for more. He actually searched for easy routines I could do and emailed me instructions for them. I have yet to learn to do the stairs thing properly to avoid injuries, and I need to make a schedule I could stick to by this week. I'm due back in 3 months. Hopefully, by then I won't need to maintain the meds anymore.

For my PCOS, I'm still taking the pills. I'm on my third month now and had a bit of a mishap with the timing when I started this batch, but hopefully I could stick to the original time and be PCOS free by January!

In the mean time, I'm also adjusting my diet and trying to lessen the carbs. (Goodbye white rice, sniff sniff.)

 

0 comments: