December 16, 2013

Miracles Still Do Happen

After praying for a year, it finally happened! Marc has prayed the sinner's prayer and has accepted Christ as his Savior. I am ecstatic and super excited for him! And what's great about it is the Lord's way on how it happened. It was not an instant thing... the both of us, as well as the people who love us went through a process of learning, praying, and believing. It was patience, frustrations, and lessons after lessons. Looking back through my quiet time journal, I browsed through a lot of impatient pleading, crying, bargaining, negotiating, learning, enlightenment, gratitude, shame, etc. at least on my part. In this experience alone, I feel a sense of fulfillment and eternal appreciation on what God has done and is still doing in my life. Praise Him who alone can save, praise Him for His mercy and grace.

I have shared what God is to me, I have mentioned Him a few times to Catholic friends in a weak attempt to instill a mustard seed in them. I have tried to impart my faith to others on an on and off basis, but I have never attempted to fully share the gospel to anyone. I have asked God repeatedly for an Aaron, a spokesperson who could assist... well, my idea was actually that he could do the talking and I could do the supporting. God had something different in mind, which I found out recently. I had the awesome privilege to share God's selfless act of loving and saving. It was a full blown intimate gospel sharing. The experience left me so blessed, I thought I got as much out of it as the person I shared it to. I was hit with the realization that I should've known a long time ago. It wasn't me who was doing the work. It was the Holy Spirit, and with the Holy Spirit using you and guiding you to share, there wouldn't be anything left not considered. In my case, it was an impromptu meet, yet I had my journal and my Won by One booklet with me. I had the verses written there days before, and everything just simply fell perfectly into place. In the course of sharing, I relived my own experience, times when I feel God's abounding love and grace. He gave His only Son to die for us. There is no greater love than this. It was a wonderful night.

Looks like I got my Christmas presents early this year! 

0 comments: