December 11, 2013

Updates!

I have been neglecting my blog lately so now I'm trying to make up for it. It's just that I have been so very busy that I haven't had the chance to stop and just write about stuff. With all the hustles and bustles of life, I kinda lost track of making the memories. My scrapbook, which I have vowed to complete for this year has been gathering dust on top of a new shelf. Anyway, here's what's been happening lately:

Since the retirement from my previous company, my office stuff has been cluttering the living room corner. I have been too lazy to clean up and find space for them. My mom, being the sweet angel she sometimes is, bought me 2 shelves to put my kalat in. I have then channeled my inner carpenter self, (yes, I do have one, courtesy of spending much tinkering time with my dad growing up) and managed to assemble them into decent furniture.



Not bad, huh? I have transferred everything to both shelves and they now have a place in our room. I have also recently tidied up my cabinets and drawers and am hopeful they'd stay that way for more than 3 days... a week... forever.

Another thing keeping me busy is the more than usual dining with friends. A few weeks ago, Marc and I had dinner with his friends at Sunrise Buckets and coffee after at Starbucks. We had another bonding over dinner this past Friday at Vikings, SM Marikina. The reason for the cramming was the impending migration of Dave, Christine, and their daughter Charley to the States. They left Sunday, December 8, 2013.


If there was a list done to note my approval for Marc's group of friends, I would've had them at the top of the list. This group being composed of Dave and his family, Karlo and the very pregnant Lala, and Kenneth and Ann. I like them, and if I had the chance to know them longer, I know for sure I'd love them tons more. While they have the usual banter and asaran, they are not bad influences. Not even the men. Their interests revolve around cars and bikes and are not looking for ways to get away from their wives 24/7 (unlike some people I know, smirk.) I actually enjoy spending time with them, which makes their leaving that much harder.


 
Karlo, Lala, and the soon to be born baby are about to leave for Canada on Dec. 28, too. We're going to miss all of them.

This past weekend, I spent Saturday night to Sunday morning with the girls for fellowship. We stayed at a hotel and bonded. We did accountability activities, future visions for our life, and the like. It was a blessing to get together and have everyone there. (Almost complete!) Praise God for aligning our schedules. 


I've been wanting to visit Christmas bazaars, but Marc's on business trip for the week, so we'll see if we can do it on the weekend or next week.

0 comments: